Support / Professional Services
Unity Health Toronto/Ryerson University Collaborative Dietetic Program-Professional Masters Diploma Program in Dietetics (the PMDip Dietetics)
This collaborative progam accepts eight students each year.
Start / finish: Three semesters beginning each September and concluding mid-July of following year.
Graduates of this professional program will qualify to write the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination and if successful, register with a provincial regulatory body and become registered dietitians.
This dietetic education program is accredited under the Partnership for Dietetic Education and Practice (PDEP) and prepares students for eligibility for registration with a provincial dietetics regulatory body.
- Provides practical experience for students to obtain the Integrated Competencies for Dietetic Education and Practice (ICDEP) in an interprofessional practice environment
- Draws on the abilities and experience of dietitians and other members of the health care team
- Provides opportunity for practical application of theoretical knowledge in a variety of settings in the competency areas of clinical nutrition, population health and management
- Recognizes the unique background and learning needsof each student
- Fosters continuous self-directed learning
- Develops skills in critical evaluation of research
- Provides opportunities to enhance verbal and written communication skills
- Provides diverse professional teaching and learning development activities
- Integrates a 12 week professional practice course to support student learning
- Promotes a supportive student experience through a partnership between Unity Health Toronto and Ryerson University
Program mission, vision and goals
To deliver outstanding academic and practical training for future dietitians through collaborative partnerships.
To be a leader of innovation and collaboration in dietetic education and training.
- To provide students with high quality practical training through which they can demonstrate competency attainment as per the Integrated Competencies for Dietetic Education and Practice, qualify to write the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination, and become dietitians.
- To collaborate with partner organizations to enhance the quality of dietetic practical training for students and preceptors.
- To support students and preceptors by providing exceptional opportunities for professional growth and development.
For further information about the program, application eligibilitiy and application prodedures, please go to: