Department of Family and Community Medicine and St. Michael’s Academic Family Health Team
Information about flu shots
Flu shots will be different in Ontario this year, due to COVID-19. Read more
Important information about all Family Health Team locations reopening five days a week
We are reopening each St. Michael’s Academic Family Health Team (SMHAFHT) location to provide services Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 5 p.m. (last patient registration at 4:30 p.m.), effective Sept. 14, 2020.
Whenever possible, we will continue to hold appointments over the phone or by video to make it easier to physically distance in our buildings and create the safest environment possible for our people and patients.
What this means for you
- Please continue to call ahead to book an appointment, instead of walking in. Booking an appointment helps us prepare for you so we can provide the best possible care. Phone or video appointments can also be scheduled by email at FHTbookings@smh.ca.
- Though we are open in all locations, we will still be using phone and video appointments as much as possible. If your health concern is urgent, we can provide care over the phone and then book an in-person appointment for you, as needed.
- If you are asked by one of our team members to come in to the clinic or lab, before entering you will be asked questions at the door about any COVID-19 related symptoms you may have. You will also be asked to sanitize your hands and wear a mask or face covering. Check out this video for steps to follow at entrance screening.
- If you cannot call us to book an appointment, come in and our entrance screeners will screen you and direct you to reception to book an appointment.
- You may encounter long wait times on the phone lines and at the screening desks. Every member of our team is dedicated to provide you with the best care possible and we appreciate your patience.
We will continue to update this page if there are any further changes to our clinic operations. We are committed to continuing to provide our community with high quality and compassionate care throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.