Volunteering at St. Michael’s
By providing compassionate and personal service, volunteers improve the quality of the patient and visitor experience every day. Volunteers take the time to greet, to inform, to guide and to comfort. Volunteers help to create a supportive environment in order to make a visit to the hospital less stressful.
As a St. Michael’s volunteer, you will join with hundreds of other dedicated people that come together to make St. Michael’s a better place. Our volunteers form a vibrant and welcoming community.
We also celebrate our volunteers with:
- A welcoming Volunteer Lounge (the coffee and cookies are on us!)
- Christmas brunch
- “Behind the scenes tours” of hospital departments
- An annual volunteer celebration
- Recognition awards for your hours of service
- A monthly volunteer ebulletin
- Invitations to hospital events and special lectures