Services in your room (for inpatients)
- If you would like a phone for your room, they can be turned on for outside calls for a flat rate of $15 for up to 30 days. To turn on your phone, call extension 2378 (or 5072 after hours). You can also talk with the nursing desk or visit the Cash Office (1st floor, Donnelly Wing). Bedside phones are not available in all units.
- If you are making a local call, dial 89, the area code and phone number. Calling cards are available in the gift shop for long-distance calls. Incoming calls are turned off between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m. for patient comfort, but patients can make outgoing calls at any time.
- If you would like a TV in your room, each patient TV has three free hospital channels with useful information (channels 3, 75 and 81).
- Channel 75 is the St. Michael’s Hospital patient education channel. Tune in day or night for educational videos.
- Other television channels can be turned on for a daily charge. Dial 2400 from the patient phone to activate channels using a credit card.