Andrea C. Tricco
PhD (Population Health), University of Ottawa; MSc (Epidemiology), University of Toronto; Honours BSc (Health Sciences), University of Western Ontario
Scientist, Knowledge Translation in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael's Hospital
Assistant Professor (status), Epidemiology, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto
Knowledge synthesis, systematic reviews, comparative safety and effectiveness, network meta-analysis, rapid reviews, decision-making
The first focus of my research program is to advance the science of knowledge synthesis. I am currently leading a scoping review on matching a review question to a knowledge synthesis method and a research program on rapid reviews. As well, I am a co-PI on the CIHR/Drug Safety and Effectiveness Network (DSEN) Methods and Applications Group in Indirect Comparisons (or MAGIC) and am working on advancing the methods of network meta-analysis.
The second focus of my research program is to respond to the needs of decision-makers through knowledge synthesis. I’m currently leading a research program that involves integrated knowledge translation, in which policy-makers collaborate with researchers on comparative reviews and network meta-analysis. This through my participation as co-PI of MAGIC for which I lead systematic reviews and network meta-analysis to address queries posed by Health Canada, provincial drug plans, and the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health.
- Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation Early Researcher Award, 2015 to 2020.
- CIHR/DSEN New Investigator Award, 2012 - 2017.
Peer Review Committees
- CIHR Peer Review Committee Member: Knowledge-to-Action Grant, 2014 to 2015.
- Canadian Immunization Conference Scientific Review Abstracts Committee, 2014.
- Cochrane Review of the Year Committee, Cochrane Canada's Annual Symposium, 2014.
- 22nd Cochrane Colloquium, Colloquium Abstracts Committee, 2014.
- CIHR Peer Review Committee Member: Knowledge Synthesis Grant, 2012 - 2013.
- Associate Editor. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 2015-2020.
- Associate Editor. BMC Medline, 2015-2019.
- Associate Editor. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 2011 - 2014.
- Cochrane Bias Methods Group, Cochrane Collaboration, 2009 to present.
Educational ActivitiesI have a status-only appointment with the Epidemiology Division, Dalla Lana School of Public Health and am an Associate Member of the School of Graduate Studies, University of Toronto. I am currently accepting graduate students affiliated with this division.
Phone: 416-864-6060 Ext. 77521