Excellence in Quality
St. Michael’s Hospital receives top honours from Accreditation Canada
For the first time, St. Michael’s has received accreditation with exemplary status. It is the highest designation an organization can receive from Accreditation Canada, an independent, not-for-profit organization that sets standards for quality and safety in health care and accredits health organizations across Canada and around the world.
Like all hospitals, St. Michael’s must be accredited every three years.
“This is a tremendous achievement for our hospital,” said Patricia McKernan, director, Risk Management and Quality Improvement. “Receiving the highest standard of accreditation is a testament to the dedication and emphasis our staff, physicians and senior leadership place on quality and safety.”
The hospital met 2,729 quality dimensions and received a 99.1 per cent compliance rate, up from 96.7 per cent in 2009.
According to the survey team that met with staff and members of the board, it is rare for an organization to achieve such high standards.
The survey team looked at successes achieved including: the funding approval of the Queen-Victoria Redevelopment Project, advancements in the information technology plan such as the implementation of computerized physician order entry and the implementation of the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario’s Best Practice Guidelines.
St. Michael’s can take pride in the fact that the organization has:
- Leadership with a strong commitment to implementing a quality and safety agenda across the hospital
- Sophisticated and committed Board of Directors that is passionate about the work they do
- Dedicated staff who work tirelessly to integrate St. Michael’s mission and values in their daily activities
- Leaders at all levels willing to step-up to ensure quality initiatives are implemented across the hospital
- Culture that attracts professionals and makes the hospital an employer of choice
- Robust research and ethics practice
- Strong interprofessional practice and collegiality across the organization
- Collaborative working relationship with its external partners who feel valued and included in the activities and initiatives the hospital undertakes
- Significant improvement in access to services, continuity and transition, information and education and respect for patient preference
“These inspiring results do not fall solely on one person’s shoulders or on one department,” said McKernan. “It is the culmination of almost three years of hard work by a multitude of staff, physicians and mangers from all areas of the hospital. These successes belong to everyone and are a real testament to the level of commitment and dedication to the mission and values at St. Michael’s.”
On Oct. 9, the St. Michael's Board of Directors passed a motion to formally acknowledge the exceptional work of leadership, management, staff and physicians in achieving Exemplary Standing in the accreditation assessment.
This accreditation is valid until 2015. Planning for the next accreditation process will begin in January 2013.