HIV Psychiatry Service
The HIV psychiatry service provides consultation to persons living with HIV who also have mental health concerns. Treatment modalities include comprehensive psychiatric care, psychopharmacology and limited psychotherapeutic services. The service provides mental health outreach services in the positive care clinic at St. Michael's Hospital and at Casey House Hospice.
Care is provided by psychiatrists who work with community AIDS service organization partners to provide a range of mental health services.
- Diagnostic assessment of psychiatric and substance related conditions.
- Assessment of neuropsychiatric complications of HIV disease.
- Psychopharmacological management.
- Time limited psychotherapeutic services.
- Preparation and facilitation of treatment access for HIV positive patients with concurrent mental health and substance related disorders.
Referrals to ambulatory HIV psychiatry service are made by contacting our office by phone and completing a short referral form.
17 Cardinal Carter
St. Michael's Hospital
30 Bond Street
M5B 1W8, Canada