Making a referral
We are pleased to update the outpatient clinics offered by the Hematology Service at St. Michael’s Hospital.
Referrals can be faxed to 416-864-3055. We will triage and direct the referral to the appropriate hematologist in our practice within one to two business days of receipt. We aim to see medically urgent referrals within two weeks (often less for malignant cases). Please include all relevant lab results with the referral to allow us to assess urgency.
We are happy to offer the following clinical services:
Assessment of lymphadenopathy, splenomegaly, low blood counts and high blood counts NYD – all hematologists
Malignant and pre-malignant blood disorders including suspected or confirmed myeloma, lymphoma (including HIV-lymphoma), CLL, CML, MDS, MGUS, myeloproliferative neoplasms and systemic mastocytosis – Dr. Lisa Hicks & Dr. Martina Trinkaus
VTE Clinic – Dr. Gloria Lim & Dr. Vera Dounaevskai
Bleeding Disorders Clinic (hemophilia, VWD, plt disorders) – Dr. Jerry Teitel & Dr. Michelle Sholzberg
Women’s Bleeding Disorders Clinic (menorrhagia, bleeding disorders in pregnancy etc) – Dr. Michelle Sholzberg (multidisciplinary clinic with ob/gyn)
Immune Cytopenias (including novel trial options) – Dr. Sholzberg, Dr. Lim & Dr. Teitel
Adult General Hematology– Dr. Dale Dotten, Dr. Gloria Lim & Dr. Jerry Teitel (can fax referrals for Dr. Teitel or Dotten directly to 416-864-5127)
Pediatric and Young Adult General Hematology – Dr. Jillian Baker, can also fax pediatric hematology referrals to 416-867-3736; young adult (18-25 years) referrals to 416-864-3055
HIV-associated Kaposi’s Sarcoma – Dr. Lisa Hicks
Our team consists of the following physicians:
Dr. Christine Brezden-Masley:
- Specializes in breast and gastrointestinal cancers
- Fax number: 416-864-3073
Dr. Rashida Haq:
- Specializes in breast, gastrointestinal, lung, genitourinary and gynecologic cancers.
- Fax number: 416-864-5175
Dr. Ronita Lee:
- Specializes in breast, lung, genitourinary and gastrointestinal cancers
- Fax number: 416-864-5175
Procedure for referrals to the Medical Oncology Service
- Referrals must be faxed to the physician’s office. The physician will triage the referral within one to two business days of receipt and aim to see medically urgent referrals as soon as possible.
- Please include patient demographics and all relevant lab results, pathology reports, consult notes and imaging with the referral to allow us to assess urgency.
- For patients who have not had their imaging done at St. Michael's Hospital, please ensure patients bring a copy of the CD with all of the imaging to their appointment.