Tests, Labs & Imaging
Our full service laboratories are designed to meet all inpatient and outpatient needs. We have experience offering services to our partners and reference work from over 48 other institutions. Our broad physician expertise, highly skilled workforce and benchmark-setting operational performance deliver services that are seamless, dependable, safe and appropriately priced.
The Department of Laboratory Medicine is comprised of 19 highly qualified pathologists and laboratory physicians, and 8 PhD scientists, many of whom are internationally renowned. Their expertise and appointments with the University of Toronto contribute to our excellent reputation.
Our laboratory was one of the first in Canada to introduce an automated robotic specimen processing system.
- employee 220 multidisciplinary staff
- run four million tests per year
- receive 1,000 - 1,200 tubes of blood per day
- balance research, teaching and clinical testing
- offer full service with five divisions:
- blood transfusion services