Ultrasound > Patient Walkthrough
- Report to the Ultrasound Reception Desk.
- You will be asked to wait in the ultrasound waiting room for the next available technologist.
- The technologist will call you from the waiting room and ask you to change from your clothes into a hospital gown.
- A water-soluble gel is put on your skin to allow for a good contact between the skin and probe.
- The ultrasound probe or transducer will be passed over your skin amd an image will appear on the ultrasound monitor.
- After all the images are acquired, the technologist will step out of the room to review them with the radiologist.
- You will be asked to remain in the ultrasound room until the technologist has approval to let you go.
- A report will either be sent to your doctor or given to you if you have an appointment to see your doctor after the ultrasound.
- The technologist cannot discuss any of the ultrasound findings or report with you.