Ultrasound > Patient
- Report to the Ultrasound Reception Desk.
- You will be asked to wait in the ultrasound waiting room for
the next available technologist.
- The technologist will call you from the waiting room and ask
you to change from your clothes into a hospital gown.
- A water-soluble gel is put on your skin to allow for a good contact
between the skin and probe.
- The ultrasound probe or transducer will be passed over your skin
amd an image will appear on the ultrasound monitor.
- After all the images are acquired, the technologist will step
out of the room to review them with the radiologist.
- You will be asked to remain in the ultrasound room until the
technologist has approval to let you go.
- A report will either be sent to your doctor or given to you if
you have an appointment to see your doctor after the ultrasound.
- The technologist cannot discuss any of the ultrasound findings
or report with you.