CT (CAT) Scan
Information for Physicians
All CT Scan requests require a completed requisition.
- The requisition must include:
- the printed and written signature of the physician ordering the exam
- contact number of the physician
- location of the patient, in the case of an inpatient
- all pertinent information and diagnosis
- Send a completed requisition to the CT department.
- CT requests for ICU patients must be triaged by the Radiology Fellow.
- Requests for drainages or biopsies must be discussed, in person, with a staff radiologist or radiology fellow.
- Requisitions lacking pertinent medical information, diagnosis or physician signature will be returned to the floor.
- All CT requests are triaged by the radiology staff on the basis of medical necessity.