Angiography > Exams & Procedures > Splenic Angiogram
This is an arterial study to look at the blood vessels that supply the spleen.
- If you are diabetic, do everything you would normally do. Do not take your metformin. A blood test will be done once you arrive in hospital.
- If you are not diabetic, do not have anything to eat or drink after midnight.
- If you are taking aspirin, Coumadin, Tyclid, Plavix or Aggrenox please stop taking this medication one week before, but only with your doctor's approval.
- Please take all of your medications with a small amount of water, especially heart and blood pressure medications.
- If you have had a previous allergic reaction to contrast media (X-ray dye), please inform us and your doctor in advance. Your doctor may order a medication for you to take prior to your procedure.
- You will need someone to take you home and stay with you overnight, if there is no other adult at home.