Department of Family and Community Medicine and St. Michael’s Academic Family Health Team
Home visit service
When you can no longer get in to see your family doctor, we can bring health care to you.
To be eligible for in-home care, you must be:
- Aged 65 or older
- Unable to attend clinic because of a disability
- Not living in a retirement or nursing home facility
- Not receiving Palliative Care services
- Living within the program boundaries
The in-home visit team includes
- Family physicians
- Nurse practitioners
- Community Care Access Centres (CCAC) care coordinator
- Specialty care providers
How do I get referred to the home visiting service?
- Speak with your family doctor or community care access centre coordinator to be referred to the program
- We are currently a small project caring for 30 patients at a time.