Department of Family and Community Medicine and St. Michael’s Academic Family Health Team
Services: Dental care
|Service available at:|
Do you need dental care? We offer dental services to adults who:
- have no private dental insurance
- are covered by a government-sponsored dental plan (Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program, Interim Federal Health Program, Non-Insured Health Benefits Program, Healthy Smiles Ontario)
- are patients of St. Michael's Hospital academic Family Health Team with urgent dental conditions requiring treatment (pain, acute infection)
We also offer dental care for children and youth up to the age of 17.
What to expect:
All of our dental services are provided by dentists, dental hygienists and dental assistants from Toronto Public Health. Here is what they offer:
- Dental exams and x-rays
- Teeth cleaning
- Fluoride treatment
- Fillings and sealants
- Root canal treatment on selected teeth
- Partial and full dentures (after you pay a fee)
Not all services are available to everyone. We will let you know what services you are eligible for.
How to make an appointment
Ask your doctor, nurse or nurse practitioner for a referral. We will contact you directly to arrange an appointment.
Where else can people get free dental care?
Toronto Public Health also offers:
- Dental screening for children and youth in childcare centres, schools and community groups
- Dental screening for residents of long-term care facilities in Toronto
- Denture cleaning and labeling services in long term care facilities
- Oral health education and information sessions for parents, caregivers, health-care providers and professionals who work with children, youth and seniors
We are located at 80 Bond St., lower level
Our hours are: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.