Critical Care at St. Michael's
Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
Welcome to the CICU
The Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) team treats patients with acute coronary syndromes from both the local catchment area and the emergency department. The CICU also acts as a referral site for advanced interventional cardiology procedures.
Unit contact information:
Clinical leader manager: Orla Smith
Phone number and extension: 416-864-6060 Ext. 3803
- Enter the hospital through the Queen Street entrance, which is on the ground floor of the Donnelly Wing.
- Go past the first bank of elevators on your left and continue until you reach a T-intersection.
- Turn right. Follow the signs to the Bond Central elevator.
- Take the elevator to the 7th floor. When you get off the elevators turn right and then right again at the first intersection to find the CICU.
- Go through the door and check in at the nursing station.
- There is a small visitors’ lounge just outside the CICU.
Patient or family feedback
After discharge from the ICU, we invite patients and family members to take a few minutes to tell us about their experience. The survey below will take approximately three to five minutes to complete and assists our teams in improving the care for patients and families at St. Michael’s Hospital.