Neuroscience Research Program
Scientist in the Keenan Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael's Hospital
Dwayne Miller Laser Research Group, University of Toronto
Sunnybrook Biomechanics Lab
Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering Ultrasound Research Group
Tavakolli and Kolios Research Groups, Department of Physics, Ryerson University
Research InterestsLasers in Surgery, Spinal Implants, Computer Simulation of Spinal Surgery, Therapeutic and Diagnostic Ultrasound
Singh, D. A., Ginsberg, H. J., & Whyne, C. M. (2011). Evaluating the ability of posterior elements to support new instrumentation for spinal fusion.Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part H: Journal of Engineering in Medicine, 225(11), 1084-1091.
Aly, A. H., Ginsberg, H. J., & Cobbold, R. S. (2011). On Ultrasound Imaging for Guided Screw Insertion in Spinal Fusion Surgery. Ultrasound in medicine & biology, 37(4), 651-664.
Klein, S., Whyne, C. M., Rush, R., & Ginsberg, H. J. (2009). CT-based patient-specific simulation software for pedicle screw insertion. Journal of Spinal Disorders & Techniques, 22(7), 502-506.
1. Development of Smart Laser Scalpel system using a novel Picosecond Infrared Laser (PIRL) and mass spectrometry
2. Cold laser ablation with real-time tissue identification
3. Design and testing a novel less invasive spinal fusion device
4. Ultrasound guided pedicle screw insertion
5. Computer modeling of spinal fusion surgery
6. Development of novel less invasive image guided spinal surgical procedures
7. Ultrasound guided HIFU (high intensity focused ultrasound) treatment for tumours.
Recruiting graduate students with expertise in lasers and/or mass spectrometry.
Recruiting a post-doc with expertise in high speed lasers