Newsroom

Our Stories

St. Michael’s Hospital Angel Ball gala: one of Toronto’s most inspiring parties

Toronto, October 18, 2017

By Kelly O’Brien

Angel Ball logo

St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation will hold its Angel Ball gala this Saturday, Oct. 21.

Proceeds from the Angel Ball will go toward completing the new Slaight Family Emergency Department, part of a larger project to transform St. Michael’s into Canada’s premier critical care hospital, which includes construction of a 17-storey patient care tower and renovations to much of the rest of the hospital.

Doubling the size of the Emergency Department will allow St. Michael’s to accommodate its growing volume of patients, reduce wait times and continue to fulfill its mandate as a regional trauma centre while providing faster, more efficient care in a better-designed and more comfortable environment.

This year’s Angel Ball will feature a menu designed by celebrity chef Mark McEwan, as well as surprise entertainment.

This event is presented by BMO Financial Group, CIBC, RBC, Scotiabank and TD Bank Group, and sponsors include Honeywell, Mackenzie Investments, the Waugh Family Foundation and the Patrick and Barbara Keenan Foundation.

Reporters and photographers interested in covering this event, held only once every three years, should contact Kelly O’Brien in advance at 416-864-5047 or obrienkel@smh.ca.

About St. Michael's Hospital

St. Michael’s Hospital provides compassionate care to all who enter its doors. The hospital also provides outstanding medical education to future health care professionals in more than 29 academic disciplines. Critical care and trauma, heart disease, neurosurgery, diabetes, cancer care, care of the homeless and global health are among the Hospital’s recognized areas of expertise. Through the Keenan Research Centre and the Li Ka Shing International Healthcare Education Centre, which make up the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, research and education at St. Michael’s Hospital are recognized and make an impact around the world. Founded in 1892, the hospital is fully affiliated with the University of Toronto.