St. Michael’s Hospital welcomes the knowledge and unique contribution of more than 500 nursing students annually from accredited universities and colleges with an affiliation agreement. We are fully affiliated with the University of Toronto and several other academic institutions.
Our nurses have a long tradition of preparing future generations of nurses by providing a supportive and positive learning environment that contributes to knowledge enhancement and skill acquisition. We are a strong leader in providing interprofessional and quality patient centered care. We are a designated Best Practice Spotlight Organization, Ontario’s highest rating related to evidence-based nursing practice.
Benefits of a placement at St. Michael’s
- A variety of nursing specialties and opportunities for lifelong learning and skill acquisition
- Knowledgeable and supportive preceptors
- Opportunities to attend learning events e.g., Nursing Rounds, Student IPE Series, Student Café, Corporate Nursing Education sessions, Interprofessional Practice Forum, clinical unit rounds, clinical specific medical rounds etc.
- Study space in the Li Ka Shing International Healthcare Education Centre including access to the Health Science Library and Student Resource Centre
- Simulation Centre and equipment supporting new and innovative curricula for staff and students
- Next to first, second, and third year students, we accommodate more than 150 students in their pre-graduate or consolidation practicum
- Your pre-graduate practicum could lead to an opportunity for employment